Multifamily communities all over the country have needed to transform the way they enhance the property experience and retain residents amidst the rise of COVID-19. With everyone practicing social distancing, hosting virtual events has been a key component in helping property owners achieve this very goal.
While we can’t say for certain when things will return to what they used to be, one thing is for sure - it’s going to take some time before large groups can gather together again. More importantly - we're all in this together!
Now more than ever, it’s important to keep your residents engaged and connected with one another during these uncertain times, and this period of social distancing serves as a perfect opportunity to provide features and services for your residents that they can access without having to leave the comfort of their homes.
If you’re looking for ideas on what kinds of virtual events you should host with your residents, you’ve come to the right place!
Here are 5 quick ideas for virtual resident events you can host:
- Virtual Happy Hours - Everyone enjoys a fun and relaxing happy hour at the end of a long work day - so why not host one with your residents! It’s a great opportunity for you as a staff member to not only spend some quality time with your residents, but gives your residents a safe and secure way of meeting other people who also live in their community.
- Group Workout Classes - We know a lot of residents are feeling bummed out as their normal routines have been disrupted due to COVID-19, but just because we’re hunkered down indoors, doesn’t mean we can’t stay physically active. Stream a version of your own workout or live-stream a virtual workout via video-conferencing.
- Community Trivia Nights - Now that you’ve worked out your body, it’s time to workout your brain. Host a virtual event and share questions that will really test your residents’ knowledge - whether it’s television, movies, sports, or geography. The possibilities of what you can do with your residents during trivia night are endless. Get creative and keep your residents engaged and involved!
- Virtual Craft Nights - Give your residents some DIY projects that they can work on while at home. Social media apps like Pinterest are filled with a plethora of simple crafty ideas that are easy to share with your residents. From there, you can have your residents submit ideas or crafts they have worked on themselves. Host a video-conference to exchange ideas and talk about what crafts residents have worked on to pass the time! This is an awesome way to further connect with your residents during a period when you’re unable to see them in person.
- Virtual Cooking Class - Everyone’s staying at home - which means people are going out less and putting their cooking skills to the test. So why not host a virtual cooking class? Share a recipe with your residents so they can prep in advance and join in on the fun via video-conferencing.
Login to your events dashboard to create an *Online Event today or reach out to our sales team at email@example.com to learn how to enroll. Watch our YouTube video for even more useful tips & insights.
*Mobile Doorman Online Events available for free on the Premium app through 5/31/2020.