See all Mobile Doorman job openings
At Mobile Doorman, we help properties go beyond the web portal to create customizable, branded apps to interact with residents on their mobile devices. Our mantra being “Your residents live on their phones. Your properties should live there too”
We are looking for a Senior Engineering leader for the VP of Engineering position at Mobile Doorman. In partnership with SLT (Sr. Leadership Team), the VP of Engineering will be responsible for technical leadership and strategy across the company. Experience building SaaS technologies and leading creation of world class products is critical. As a Sr leader at the company, you will work closely with other executives on translating business goals into technical realities.
- Leverage experience and strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain collaborative, supportive, open and professional working relationships with a variety of executives, management, and team members.
- Results Oriented
- Mentor a large and talented engineering team
- Have a keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize deliverables, meet targets, and resolve issues.
- Solution oriented, seeks to understand real problems and drive towards solutions
- Exhibit terrific communication skills and a drive for transparency within all teams at the Company.
- Experience in developing strong relationships with your team of 10+, including direct reports, remote employees, Contractors and the Executive Team.
- BS in a related field and at least 15+ years experience in the Technology arena, at least 5 years management and strategic experience in this field
- Motivate, develop, and lead technical teams through periods of aggressive growth and through difficult business environments.
- Recent demonstrated experience building and managing world-class technology platforms using open source software solutions; providing cloud-based SaaS solutions, including data-intensive platforms
- Prior experience running high volume web services at scale
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on software development tools, technology and Agile development
- Strong experience with Agile and associated DevOps SDLCs, along with numerous technologies; (e.g., Java, React, Ruby on Rails, graph databases)
- Drive strategic thinking across the entire software and data ecosystem within Mobile Doorman
- The Head of Engineering will develop new Big Data and AI/ML services by drafting, creating and delivering Big Data and product and solution offerings to Market.
Mobile Doorman is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can email a resume and cover letter to
to apply for consideration.
About Mobile Doorman
Mobile Doorman specializes in developing custom, white-label apps for apartment and condominium communities across the U.S. Our mission is to improve how residents interact with their properties with a convenient, user-friendly tool that helps them live smarter while helping property owners manage better, improve retention, and boost their bottom line through technology.