See all Mobile Doorman job openings
Mobile Doorman has revolutionized the way the residents and the staff at the apartments where they live communicate. The idea of Mobile Doorman was born from a deep understanding that residents getting notes slid under their doors is not they way they want to communicate with the properties where they live. We are looking for an experienced interaction designer who will be passionate about continuing the mission of keeping users at the heart of the solutions we design. .
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of professional design experience
- Experience working with web and mobile-based technologies
- Experience creating useful, useable navigation systems across web and mobile
What you'll do
- Help to define the user model and user interface for Mobile Doorman's web and mobile products
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change
- Run usability tests with clients to learn, iterate, and communicate your learnings
- You are passionate about user-centric design, delivering value in everything you do, advocating for and anticipating users' needs.
- You seek to understand users, anticipate their needs, and design to make their lives easier
- You love to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams (product, development, etc.) to create designs that will delight users
- You love to run usability tests and iterate based on learnings
- You are an excellent communicator, constant learner, and lead by example
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can email a resume and cover letter to
to apply for consideration.
About Mobile Doorman
Mobile Doorman specializes in developing custom, white-label apps for apartment and condominium communities across the U.S. Our mission is to improve how residents interact with their properties with a convenient, user-friendly tool that helps them live smarter while helping property owners manage better, improve retention, and boost their bottom line through technology.