SENIOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
Mobile Doorman is building its world-class accounting team that will help drive the financial operations for the company. We’re looking for a hands-on accounting expert who can monitor plans and goals across the organization, ensure best-in-class processes are installed, and collaborate effectively with teams to achieve results.
This is a key role on the Accounting team as it builds best in class financial infrastructure and practices that will scale as the company grows. The ideal candidate must combine technical accounting and analytical literacy with strong problem-solving skills to support decision making. The right candidate will have the unique opportunity to grow professionally and have a front-row seat to strategic and tactical decision making.
- Manage daily accounting tasks, including client billing, accounts payable, and cash flow reporting
- Continually improve internal accounting processes and controls
- Lead the period close process, managing the accounting calendar, documenting processes, and end-of-period reporting
- Create and publish financial reports that support daily, weekly and monthly cadences and review meetings that highlight key insights to support decision making
- Take ownership of cash flow management including measuring and reporting on DSO, DPO, MRR, variance analysis, and other key cash flow metrics
- Periodic and ad-hoc financial modeling including build models from scratch and refining existing models to execute in-depth variance analysis
- Support the Planning & Budgeting process, compiling data, and challenging spending requests
- Track KPI’s and maintain rolling forecasts to ensure resources are being aligned to support broader growth objectives
- Support the building and implementation of financial systems and processes that help scale us from start-up to enterprise
- Special projects - new initiatives and opportunities are always happening
- 5-7 years’ experience with a combination of audit and corporate accounting in well-established company
- Commuting distance of our Chicago, IL office.
- Expert Excel skills - your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive. You can handle complexity but strive for simplicity and flexibility in your models.
- You are comfortable seeking and cleansing data from unstructured sources and creating processes for data extraction around dis-connected systems.
- You are process-oriented, accurate, and timely on your work calendar. Best practices are second nature.
- Strong Finance acumen, ability and experience to think about financial outcomes and to ensure each dollar spent generates an expected return.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Cross-functional relationships and effective communication to non-financial audiences are critical to make an impact.
- Self-starter - you always look for ways to innovate and improve, and don’t need to wait for people to tell you what to work on.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment- you are comfortable in dynamic environments and are able to operate with vague information and guidance at times
- Attention to detail meets high output - we need to do things quickly and we need to do them accurately
How to Apply
Interested candidates can email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply for consideration.
About Mobile Doorman
Mobile Doorman specializes in developing custom, white-label apps for apartment and condominium communities across the U.S. Our mission is to improve how residents interact with their properties with a convenient, user-friendly tool that helps them live smarter while helping property owners manage better, improve retention, and boost their bottom line through NexGen technology.